Queer Theory of No End

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Events of the day


I went for buka puasa at Mandarin Oriental today with my hubby and daughter. Nadea as usual, made a mess on the table babbling I dont know what. For me, I had my wishes fulfilled.. Oyster and dim sum... So Yum couldn't ask for anything more. My hubby pulak was pretty happy with his grilled seafood and meat.

While having my dessert, I saw my long-time-no-see primary (and secondary... she reminded) school friend of mine. We used to be very good friends in standard 4... She looked so pretty and chic, her face is just the same as before, but in a mature way. Good for you sue! You look dang good!! People wouldn't know she is a mummy by looking at her... The world is so small. We keep bumping to each other at every corner! I just know her life from a distant now through her blogs..

Anyways, in the morning I went to a cookie making class. Hehehe... The chef made a statement before starting the class... "Cookie making is soo easy actually.. Was wondering why you guys requested for a class!" Duh! I guess we just want to know the techniques and the best practice for baking cookies... Previously I just mix it all in and always wonder why my cookies are either too oily, too baked, too dry or just plain flat! Now I know why!! Here are some tips that I picked up in the class:-
1. Use fresh eggs all the time. Old eggs may cause the cookies not crunchy and nice.
2. The butter that we use should not be thawed too long.. The oil should not seep out while mixing. If it does, it could cause the cookies to be flat.
3. The middle of the tray is the most hottest part of the oven. If you have some big cookies, try to put them in the middle.
There are some other tips... I will continue updating once I remember 'em back. (it's almost 2 am in the morning now)

Now all i need to do is wait for a bigger house to bake my cookies.. He he he!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home